Aviation People I trust and work with regularly:
- Insurance: Leslie McLerran at Falcon Insurance: 800/880-8822;
- Maintenance wisdom: Kevin Mead: Kevin is the premier PA-46 Maintenance provider and knows more about the PA-46 fleet than anyone else. A true gem for the PA-46 community, Kevin answers the MMOPA “Hotline” to provide maintenance assistance to MMOPA members. 620/728-8634
- Malibu Aerospace: http://www.malibuaerospace.com Chad Menne and his team are real PA-46 experts. I find myself calling them often for pre-buy inspections, maintenance advice, and general PA-46 info.
- Midwest Malibu: (http://midwestmalibucenter.com) Tony Beauchamp owns MWM and this one of the premier PA-46 shops in the world. Tony does a bunch of prebuy inspections, annual inspections, and I call him often for detailed maintenance information.
- First Line Aero: (www.firstlineaero.com) Charles has a really good maintenance shop at KJSO and has worked on my Malibu for the last six years. His crew of professionals know the PA-46 and has super-high standards.
- Aircraft Interiors: Rives Interior Restoration Services: Jody Rives does a super job with aircraft interiors. 903/245-6795; email@example.com
- Aircraft Painting: KM Aviation Aircraft Painting; Kevin Miller is my go-to guy for aircraft painting. Located at KJSO, he is centrally located and is great with details. 214/906-5954.
- Aircraft Detailing/Boot shining/Polishing: Faithful Aircraft Detailing; Clay Cleaver is based at KJSO and does a super job with the PA-46. He does all of my detail work. A solid committed Christian that “walks his talk”, you cannot go wrong with Clay. 903/284-3565; clay firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avionics: R.C. Avionics at KANE: http://www.rcavionics.com
These guys work closely alongside Malibu Aerospace and they’ve done several jobs of which I was intimately involved. They did a super job the first time and the projects came in under budget. Plus, they have a nice interactive website that helps aircraft owners stay in touch.
- www.mmopa.org You own a PA-46 and are not a member of the MMOPA? Tsk, tsk, tsk…it is one of the best groups around with wonderful support for Malibu owners
- www.aopa.org: I’m a 26+ year member of AOPA. Membership in this organization should be considered mandatory for pilots, in my opinion.
- www.EAA.org: Experimental Aircraft Association: This is the other organization that every pilot should join. Super group.
- www.stuckincustoms.com A travel photo website devoted to HDR Photography. Trey Ratcliff is really good…
- www.daveramsey.com Yea…I’m drinking the Koolaid…this guy is spot-on in my opinion
- www.abbaproductions.com A friend of mine, Rick Morrison, is an aviation enthusaist a really creative guy in a digital visual sort of manner.
- www.crossfit.com I’ve been working on my physical body a lot lately, and these guys have a plan that works. It will be hard, but it will work.
Books I’m reading or have read and simply love:
- Stick and Rudder by Wolfgang Langweish: This is one of the best flying books on the planet. It’s dated and has terms that are no longer used regularly, but this guy was WAY ahead of his time and is spot-on in so many ways.
- Chuck Yeager: An Autobiography: Chuck lives a full life and this book was one I could not put down. It proves that a true story is almost always more interesting than fiction.
- Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey: This is the book that got me off the dead-center to launch this business. I love his wit and wisdom.
- Good to Great by Jim Collins: I’ve read this several times and go back to it time and again as I try to run Casey Aviation with excellence.
- Fate is the Hunter by Ernest K. Gann: I love flying the North Atlantic and Gann’s story is a real page-turner if you like airplanes.
- The Book of John: Yes…the one in the Bible. If you are looking to spurn you spiritual life, reading the Book of John is a sure-fire way to kick-start your road to success.
- The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews: I was surprised at how much I liked this book. It is a story within stories.
- The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz: A WWII story that just won’t quit. This book is probably in my “top 3″…don’t miss this one!
- Thou Shall Prosper by Rabbi Daniel Lapin: Good solid reading on why the Jews seem to always be at the top of the financial heap. Well written, Lapin is a deep thinker and a good writer.
Stuff/Equipment I use:
- Aircraft Covers: This one covers the cockpit only, and I like it a lot since the back windows in a PA-46 have shades. It is light, durable, and helps protect that expensive windshield. https://www.aircraftcovers.com/general-aviation-models/piper/pa-46-malibu-jetprop